Senior IT Buyer (domain Technology)
Start Date October 2017
Duration 6 months with possible extension(s)
Procurement (PBE) is in charge of selecting and contracting suppliers, which consists of defining together with the internal customer the requirements, organizing the selection and the decision process and finally contracting the selected supplier.
Partnering-up with our stakeholders, our mission is to:
- Support most effectively ( quality, timing etc.) and efficiently the business with their external spend;
- Optimize the external spend;
- Assure safeguarding of the suppliers relationship;
- Assure adherence to the Procurement Norms & Standards;
- Define spend strategies in collaboration with the businesses and symbiosis with the group.
The Senior Buyer IT is responsible for ensuring that suppliers of the IT expense categories are reliable, deliver on time and at the best commercial conditions, ensure the highest quality of goods and services needed by our client, in compliance with the Group and our client rules of conduct concerning relationships with suppliers.
The PBE IT Senior Buyer will:
- Implement IT procurement strategy;
- Define a strategy and action plan on local spend projects;
- Drive the suppliers selection process on IT spend categories or segments;
- Ensure that savings are achieved through the negotiated global or local contracts implementation and that the internal customers are kept satisfied in terms of cost, quality, lead-times and service level of suppliers;
- Monitor the suppliers’ risk on his or her suppliers portfolio;
- Contribute to internal process changes or improvements that are part of the action plan or necessary for the optimization of the segment;
- Contribute to cross category sourcing initiatives and global process and tools initiatives when applicable;
- Actively participate in supplier management process such as steering committees, supplier risk and performance assessments to ensure maximum compliance to the contract.
- Education Master or Bachelor degree
- Languages: French Fluent, Dutch Fluent, English Fluent
- Minimum 8 years of professional experience in IT Procurement OR minimum 10 years of IT professional experience complemented with an advanced training in Procurement or a sales / deal making experience in the IT domain.
- Strong “Digital affinity”
- Detailed understanding of the main commercial and contractual models and the underlying cost drivers applicable in the IT market for HW, SW, Telecom and all related services and projects such as fixed price, managed services and fulloutsourcing,
- Capacity to challenge the internal client needs, sense of critical analysis,
- Capacity to define an IT procurement strategy (procurement methods and tools),
- Risk analysis,
- Knowledge of business administration, knowledge of financial analysis,
- Legal, contractual and compliance knowledge.
- Experience with the Agile methodology is a plus
- Experience with Software Development related projects, managed services OR with Telecom related procurement and contracting.
- Strong know-how of the IT Market dynamics and its key players,
- Negotiation skills,
- Project management skills with 5 years proven experience,
- Deal shaping / closing capabilities,
- Knowledge of business administration, knowledge in financial analysis,
- Team player
- Quick self-starter, pro-active attitude
- Good Communication and Influencing skills
- Good analytical and synthesis skills
- Autonomy, commitment and perseverance
- Ability to work in a dynamic and multi-cultural environment
Powered by WPeMatico