- In some projects new technology can be introduced. This is for instance the case for large and complex end-of-life replacements or when introducing new technology (eg. Klant Helpt Klant;,…). This is not always the case, technology can be known and can be market practice (e.g. Oracle).
- Possible impact on legacy systems, processes, organization, operations, incl change mgmt.
- Typically delivered within 1 project potentially in phases within a max 2 year timeframe.Changes in scope, roadmap, priorities & timing are possible but not frequent.
- Dependencies are usually within the same organization and/or IT related
- Delivers the agreed scope and deliverables
- High stakes for the department, LT level stakeholders.
- Customer impact is often a key characteristic of these initiatives Project scope includes managing the customer impact. Often in partnership with other departments
- Project governance
- Projects cover CSS, BSS and OSS
The “normal” cross-functional delivery practices used for standard Projects are sufficient. The PM uses formal processes and tools to manage resources, budgets, risks and changes. The PM manages projects to ensure on-time completion according to specifications and within budgeted costs.
Key Roles & Responabilities
- Translate a scope into deliverables, solution and planning
- Managing Project Delivery, steer cross functional teams towards deliverables. Manage dependencies within the Project and with other initiatives.
- Risk Management
- Lead the project team to define different scenarios and solutions, taking into account multiple constraints and opinions/visions.
- Stakeholder management (including change & conflict management, expectation mgmt. & aligment up to LT level)
- Managing the Business case, Budget Management and Resourcing
- To identify impact and stakeholders in the organisation,
- To lead the teams to define and build optimal solutions taking into account different expectations,
- To challenge each of the impacted teams, solutions & plans,
- To identify dependencies and conflicts between different projects.
- Experience of the entire project/application lifecycle, especially with regard to delivery, testing, default resolution and recognised development methodologies according to structured project management methodologies
- A good understanding of the company’s organization and corresponding roles is needed as projects have links and stakeholder involvement with finance, purchasing, business, legal, IT,…
- Known technology & business processes
- Solutions must be build on assumptions, which can change.
- Many conflicts of interests, within the company
- High time pressure, high expectations to deliver very quickly.
- Stakeholder management and perception management
- Excellent influencing skills & negotiation skills.
- Ability to align cross functional stakeholders
- Abillity to build trust, and an open and transparent working climate
- High “get it done“ & mobilization capabilities
- Fluent in English and Dutch
Powered by WPeMatico