Medio/Senior Data Scientist
Start Date 01/09/2017
4 months of expected mission duration, extendable.
Our clients Performance team is looking for a Senior Data Scientist (seniority rhymes with knowledge and experience) with a proven track record in the field of Data Analytics and innovation.
As a Data Scientist, you will have the opportunity to apply and develop your skills in several domains but also :
- provide support and assistance into Data crunching and treatment currently occurring under BI purposes,
- Address diversified business problems like membership behavioural patterns definition, market pricing trends, targeted marketing, text categorisation and more … , all across different activities of our client
- Work with diverse analytical methodologies, including statistical/machine learning, forecasting, text mining, big data algorithms and technologies, social media analysis, spatial analysis, recommendation systems, web analytics, … (we don’t expect you to be an expert in all of them, but rather that you have strong core expertise and the ability to learn new stuff when needed as translate business needs into data relevant data models).
- Access one of the richest volumes of varied data in the market and apply your skills to it.
- Communicate results of your work directly to the top management
- Participate into data partnerships assessments dedicated to develop Hello bank! business in line with its Data Vision,
- Evolve in an environment where innovation and data do have a key role into development of activities
- You’ll take part in a Data Science community within the bank dedicated to share practices, mutualize experiences, …
- Education: you have at least a Master’s degree in a quantitative discipline, such as statistics, mathematics or engineering (a PhD is considered an advantage).
- Candidates with other academic backgrounds with substantial knowledge of analytics are also encouraged to apply.
- Languages: French Good; Dutch Good, English Must – spoken and written
- Experience You have at least 5 years of relevant experience in Data Science and Analytics, ideally, but not necessarily, in the financial sector (less experience will be accepted if your academic credentials compensate for lack of professional experience).
- You are proficient in some of the programming languages that are used in Data Analytics, such as R or Python, both in a single server setup as well as in a distributed setup (e.g. with Spark).
- Preferable Deeper expertise in either text analytics or distributed computing (clusters, NoSQL databases, Spark) is considered a strong plus.
- Strong hands on business experience (several years) into assessing data needs as data model build up dedicated to answer complex business / strategic questions
- Being able to process complete data treatment as from raw data down to valuable outcome
- Preferable Prone / being able to share, translate and communicate to business owners
- Highly pro-active and result-oriented attitude
- Good analytical and synthesis skills
- Autonomy, commitment and perseverance.
- Ability to work in a dynamic and multi-cultural environment
Powered by WPeMatico