IS Project Leader
Start date: ASAP
Duration: 12 months (Depending on project evolution, extension is possible)
The candidate will work in the Individual Life Division. He/She will be responsible of projects of size between 500 mds up to 2.000 mds. The candidate will be responsible for the leading the projects to their successful implementation
This includes (but not exclusively):
- communication & synchronization with the business project leader & project board members.
- collaboration with the architecture teams & the team leaders of the different domains impacted or involved in the project for the scoping & estimation of the project.
- adequate communication & reporting to the management (both IT & Business) on the project progress.
- planning & follow-up of the project resources & deliverables.
1. Project planning
- Explain implications of changes to project scope and/or objectives to the client and to the project team.
- Lead the team to prioritize signed off project work based on analysis of strategic importance, tasks outstanding, obstacles or barriers, budgets, resources and deadlines.
- Create, or participate in the creation of, project documentation.
- Manage the client stakeholders, team members, or contract personnel to design a solution and establish associated project time lines and budgets that allow for the delivery of the most strategic functionality within the project constraints.
- Establish and maintain a usable and well-communicated schedule for all phases of a project.
- Work with the executive (business & IS) to ensure changes are understood and approved.
2. Project accounting and finance
- Understands project indicators (Earned Value Analysis) and makes decisions accordingly.
- Understands our pricing model and billing procedures.
- Assures project legal documents are completed and signed.
- Tracks and reports team hours and expenses on a weekly basis.
- Manages project budget.
- Determines appropriate revenue recognition, ensures timely and accurate invoicing, and monitors receivables for project.
- Follows up with clients, when necessary, regarding unpaid invoices.
3. Project control
- Manage scope creep through client change orders, internal change orders, phased delivery or other methods to ensure projects deliver on time line, scope, budget and strategy expectations.
- Evaluate all key project deliverable, as well as final product to ensure traceability of requirements, high quality and client acceptance.
- Responsible for formal sign off on all project deliverable; this will often include coordinating input and involvement from the executive and client.
- Ensure project meets internal and client expectations with respect to quality, budget, delivery time lines, and strategy.
- Identify, track, manage and mitigate risk on specific client engagements. Escalate these issues when necessary to ensure minimal impact to quality, budget, and time line.
- Where project control is in jeopardy, create contingency plans with appropriate input from key team members (including the executive) and implement a revised project schedule, scope or budget in a timely manner.
4. Project communication
- Work with executive to ensure clients achieve an understanding of expectations, deliverable, dependencies, risks, progress and the bright works development process.
- Use sound judgment in all project communication and ensure that key stakeholders including the team, client and management are apprised of project activities in a timely manner.
- Communicate progress, risks, expectations, time lines, milestones and other key project metrics to clients and team members.
5. Internal project reporting and administration
- Be prepared to discuss project quality, client and team satisfaction, and project success metrics during regularly scheduled and ad hoc project review meetings with the manager
- Track and report weekly on percent complete, budget burn, earned value, slippage, project effort and duration to complete and other key project metrics.
- Keep an accurate risk tracking document with an associated mitigation plan.
6. Resource management
- Determine project roles of team members based on project requirements, time frames and budget.
- When necessary work with external contractors in addition to internal resources.
- Define skill sets (competencies) required for the project based on project specifications and requirements.
- Determine resource requirements (including staffing, software, hardware, and facilities) of projects, based on project specifications.
7. Client management
- Continually seeks opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen client relationships.
- Manages day-to-day client interaction.
- Sets and manages client expectations.
- Develops lasting relationships with client personnel that foster client ties.
- Communicates effectively with clients to identify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions
- The candidate will demonstrate a proven similar experience with strong customer references.
- During the interview, the candidates will provide concrete deliverables of his/her past missions.
9. Reporting & Deliverables
- Expected Deliverables:
- … reliable & flexible solutions in Production …
- Directly responsible
- Scoping the project & setting up a PID as planned in the milestone planning
- Planning & resource management
- Highlight reporting (typically on a weekly basis)
- Communication with project board / business & IT stakeholders
- Risk / issue / action tracking & follow-up
- Organizing the daily execution of the project, Indirectly responsible
- Project estimation
- Project test planning / execution & follow-up
- Project Rollout in different environments till production
Scope of Mission :
- the assignment of the Project Leader on specific project will depend on the nature of the portfolio. Each project allocation can be considered as a specific mission where all the activities / reporting / deliverables above mentioned are applicable.
- Languages: English, Dutch, French
- Educational and experience requirements include engineering degree or equivalent combination of technical training plus 2 years’ experience/knowledge of application development and/or management required.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders.
- Demonstrated experience in leading and managing complex projects that are strategic in nature and national in scope.
- Excellent organizational skills with demonstrated ability to execute projects on time and on budget.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, facilitation and presentation skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a small team setting.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both official languages is an asset.
- Superior communication and interpersonal (tact, diplomacy, influence etc.).
- Pragmatism & result orientation is a must
- Sensitivity to the organization (stakeholder management).
- Quick learner.
- Proven experience in Project Leading in application development for project size around 1.000 mds
- Planning & estimation skills
- Thorough understanding of corporate and industry practices, processes, standards etc. And their impact on project activities is vital
- Insurance or Finance sector / Application development is a plus
- Insurance business knowledge (preferably Individual Life) is a plus
- Good computer skills, proficient with ms office applications
- Application Development background is a plus
- Prince2 or PMI is a plus
- Planning & Estimation techniques
- Project indicators (Earned Value Analysis)
- Highlight reporting
- Project Board reporting : Executive Communication
Powered by WPeMatico