Expert in Business Intelligence
Start Date As soon as possible
Duration 6 months
You will work at the department Solutions & Optimisation within Facility Management.
Objective : Providing an applicative and reporting environment contributing to the efficiency of Facility Management.
- Solutions: on a daily basis work with different applications contributing to efficiency. As like other things in life they have to be maintained: together with our ADM/I&O partners we ensure the lifecycle management, upgrade the technology, solve incidents and ensure a proper documentation.
- Optimisation: we prepare the future by developing a strategic technical vision, implement a FAC wide datawarehouse allowing to steer activities, develop and offer a knowledge base on best practises, responding on short term change requests, boosting agility.
Our BI environment is composed of 4 parts (separate databases):
- A load environment (CBMT Load): used for data staging
- A Master Data Store (CBMT Master Data): which is the target to become the single source of business data used across all systems, applications and/or processes within Facility Management
- A Datawarehouse (CBMT Reporting): includes the business intelligence of FAC and the data enhancements and modelling for reporting and analytics
- A Log environment (CBMT Scheduler): used to support ETL scheduling and ETL logging
- The goal of this mission is to describe and document the data model of this Masterdata database
- This should include the conceptual, the logical and physical model.
- The documentation must be provided in such a way that is easily searchable and updatable.
- Furthermore recommendation should also be made on the following
- where best to document which information (in database scripts, in design of database, separately in Word, in Architecture software tool (RSM tool) and so on)
- Best practices and standards related to naming convention, indexes, constraints as such that it can be a uniform system and that it would facilitate knowledge transfer between developers and dba’s
Besides this a full documentation should be made about the ETL packages that are used to feed and maintain the different databases. This should include the following:
- The general way of working as well as guidelines and practices which are common for all packages (e.g. best practices towards standardization which will allow for fast development and set-up)
- Guidelines and best practices on how to best stage and load information
- A detailed description of the existing packages and their current goal (what kind of data, which tables, frequency and so on) Currently the entire development environment is based on the Microsoft SQL Server Stack:
- SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) for ETL development
- SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) for Cube development
- SQL Servers Reporting Services (SSRS) and MS Excel for Reporting
- Education Bachelor or Master in computer science or equivalent by experience
- Languages: French, Dutch, English
- Have a solid BI background with the necessary knowledge related to ETL models for DWH loading (apply generally accepted standards for Dimensions and Fact ETL development)
- Experience Having already worked on the programming and deployment of Cubes in the MS Environment
- SQL Server Analysis Services (mandatory)
- SQL Server Database Development (Query and Index tuning) (mandatory)
- Excel Pivot-tables connected to SSAS Cubes (mandatory)
- SQL Server Integration Services (mandatory)
- SQL Server Reporting Services (not mandatory) (SSRS pour reporting)
- Team spirit and cooperative mindset;
- Quick self-starter, pro-active attitude
- Deadline and planning oriented.
Powered by WPeMatico