As Data engineer you are passionate about data and software development. You are on top of your game with new technologies and eager to gain new knowledge. You and your squad focus upon:
- Designing data flows to build Data Marts for different Use Cases in marketing, sales, content and online.
- Combining data from various source systems in the Data Lake (Apache NiFi).
- Programming Test Driven Spark jobs in Scala.
- Integrating with Jenkins, Airflow, AWS S3, AWS EMR, SQS, …
- Convert business stories to technical requirements.
Still not convinced? A short introduction of our organizational environment:
- Squad? Different profiles, one TEAM. Various projects, one goal, one mission!
- ICT within dPP? Team of 400 people where contribution is the key to success. They build new media products, editorial systems, websites etc. Shortly, a challenging environment with an established Agile mindset.
- Data within dPP? +2 mn UV’s on the website, +17 mn pageviews/day, 25 GB DFP-logs/day, 35 mn ad-impressions/day etc. And it’s only getting bigger!
- Do not forget: Your job is not important, it is crucial for the daily flow!
- ‘Must have’ knowlege: Scala, Spark, Java 8, SQL.
- ‘Nice to have’ knowledge: AWS Cloud, Oracle, DevOps, micro services.
- Agile & Lean mindset; experience with Scrum or other Agile methods.
- You use TDD, DDD and clean code practices to provide quality.
- You’re eager to learn and are open-minded.
- You are critical and search for the reason why.
- You are a team player, helpful and focus on winning together.
- You are passionate about development
Powered by WPeMatico