Consultant IFRS 9 reporting
Start Date ASAP (as of 16/10/2017)
Duration 6 months
As of the first of January 2018, the new accounting standard IFRS 9 will be applicable replacing IAS39. This structural change means that in the coming periods, our client will have to combine reporting under the current IAS 39 standard in parallel with the testing to be done on the reporting under IFRS 9. As from 2018, both standards will temporary be used for financial communication. Together with the implementation of IFRS 9, our client will further implement automated reporting process to gain efficiency and further streamline the reporting process.
This change will also require additional testing.
In order to deal with the additional workload (testing, double reporting, ,,,) and to ensure that the knowledge will be build up in the operational teams, the consultant need to participate in the following processes:
- Support the IFRS 9 testing process
- Dry run process to kick off in October
- Potential additional testing after Dry run (November – December)
- Cope with the double reporting to be done in January and February
- Prepare the first full IFRS 9 reporting in April 2018
- Re-engineering of current processes and reportings
- Providing support to current reporting process in order to ensure that the operational teams can invest themselves fully in the testing and new reporting process.
- Education University degree Business Economics or Business Administration.
- Languages: French fluent, Dutch intermediary, English fluent
- Experience in IFRS reporting
- Experience in IFRS reporting (Knowledge of IAS39 and IFRS9)
- Knowledge of Banking sector
- Experience in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access)
- Knowledge of system architecture, more in particular: OFS and Matisse is a plus
- IT skills / minded (eager to understand and discuss with IT)
- Flexibility (in closing periods extra efforts may be required)
- Experience with working in a complex organization.
- Ability to deal with confidential information and be compliant to strict governance rules
- Knowledge of Banking sector.
- Communicative (with team members and with other colleagues, our clients & other partners)
- Team player
- Affinity with financials
- Quick self-starter, pro-active attitude
- Good communication and influencing skills
- Good analytical and synthesis skills
- Autonomy, commitment and perseverance
- Ability to work in a dynamic and multi-cultural environment
- Process minded thinking
- Pragmatic issue resolution approach
- Result oriented, dynamic and entrepreneur.
Powered by WPeMatico