Senior Project Manager (Regulated WHS projects)
Context of the job
The senior project manager will be responsible for the projects within the SCREAM program (Regulated WHS projects):
The project manager will focus on delivering the milestones on time by coordinating the initiation, analysis, design, implementation, launch and after-care phase.
To deliver the projects on time, within budget and according to the required time scales so the owner of the project (Regulated Wholesale Manager) and other stakeholders are fully satisfied.
- The Senior Project manager is capable of managing specifiable implementations linked to regulated wholesales.
- The Senior project manager will have a set of responsibilities and is expected to take decisions required to lead the project to his end, meaning that he will not only apply the principle but also lead the project from a strategic point of view.
- The Senior Project manager will be given generic guidelines, and is expect to structure, lead, assist and inspire the project management roadmap and stream. He will take ownership of all operational issues related to project management and act as a second line of escalation.
- The Senior Project manager will be responsible for the implementation of very complex projects, involving multiple stakeholders across the company and externally, these projects will in most cases involve major changes on all the value chain.
- The Senior Project manager will be required to work in close collaboration with the manager of Partner Management, Operations and Billing, representatives of T&I, IT and regulatory and will mainly interact with senior management within the company.
1) Preparation of project
Intake: Analyse the requirements / wishes of the owner. Prepare several implementation scenarios based on intake. Advises the commercial / technical preparation and selection of suppliers.
1) Project plan
Prepare project plan and planning of milestones, required time, required resources and money. Take care of acceptance by owner. Setup of project team based on project plan.
2) Project Management
Manage the project based on project plan. Look after the performance of the project members.
3) Project quality
Responsible for the quality of implementation by investigation, analyse, judge the risks. Prepare decision making regarding this risk’s for the owner of the project. Initiate measurements to minimize the risks and assure the project performance.
4) Project delivery
Deliver project according scope and project plan to the owner and present the project result. Take care for the after care and evaluation, close the project by acceptance.
5) Project information and reporting
Coordinate all documentation of information regarding performance and quality of the project so it is clear to everybody. Report to the owner regarding performance and status of the project.
6) Coaching project team
Assist and coach the project members.
Required education level
- Higher education / university
Required previous professional experience
- Min 5 years of project management experience in telecommunications.
Required technical & professional skills
- Professional expertise: Prince 2 certified or equivalent
- Managerial & organisational skills: manages processes and resources, goal setting & objectives, project plan, action plan, budget & cost control, clarifies roles & responsibilities
- Leadership: take ownership of projects, create a teamwork environment
- Analytical thinking and problem solving: identifies problems and tackles them in a logic, step-by-step way, takes sound decisions
Required interpersonal & communication skills
- Internal customer focus: understands the needs and priorities of the Management
- Relationship building: builds and maintains networks of business contacts in the company who will contribute to success
- Interpersonal skills: understands attitudes, interests, needs of others; understands non-verbal behaviour, moods and feelings of others; is persuasive, directive and assertive towards others; advises and challenges managers.
- Team work and co-operation: builds effective, co-operative relationships; builds effective teams committed to organisational goals; builds up positive team climate, mature attitude, encourages team members to coach each other, enhances interaction within the team; solicits input from all, invests time in others to build bridges and understanding; builds team spirit and a friendly working environment; deals with diversity.
- Communication skills: communicates in appropriate, clear and concise terms, checks for understanding while communicating; is structured and gives accurate and logical information in written reports, languages E, D, F
Required personal skills
- Drive & results orientation: focuses on the delivery of targets, quality and deadlines.
- Structured way of working
- Team worker: can build highly motivated project teams
- Initiative and pro-activity: acts quickly and decisively to seize the moment, prepares for the predictable, thinking through all possible scenarios.
- Achievement and perseverance motivation: shows confidence and believes in his/her own capacity to achieve results and tackle problems.
- Organisational alignment: identifies with the companies values, aligns actions and behaviours with the needs and priorities of Wholesale
- Flexibility and adaptability: has the willingness to accept changes and the ability to maintain effectiveness in a changing environment and within a variety of dynamic work situations.
Powered by WPeMatico