Research Engineer in Image Computing : C++ Developer
Duration : assignments of 6 months with total duration of 2 – 3 years
Location : Mechelen
Our Client is world leader in innovative restorative and esthetic dental solutions, providing dental professionals with state of the art evidence-based root-to-tooth solutions, including dental implants, all-ceramic crowns, bridges and laminates, guided surgery planning, scanners and biomaterials.
The center of competence for digital dentistry software of our client is located in Mechelen. The team investigates, develops, maintains and supports innovative solutions for clinicians and dental technicians in collaboration with the other global functions
Your responsibilities will be :
As a member of our research team, you focus on developing new software algorithms and methods in the field of medical image computing and computeraided design. Topics include 3D modeling, image segmentation and registration algorithms and advanced 3D visualization methods. Starting from an initial idea or concept, you check the related literature, create prototype solutions and demonstrate adequateness. Afterwards, you hand over the prototype to the software development team in a detailed way. Finally, you also assist with expert analysis for related support cases.
- You have a master degree in engineering (computer science, ICT, electronics, biomedical sciences …) or mathematics.
- An additional PhD degree or a few years of relevant working experience are certainly an asset.
- You have a strong interest / knowledge in the field of computational and applied mathematics, 3D graphics and/or medical image computing.
- You have good knowledge of software prototype tools, like Matlab, C++,Python, ITK, .,..
- Experience with software development is an asset.
- You are a problem solver with a scientific approach and an analytical mindset, who works independently and self-organized as well as in a team.
- You are fluent in English.
Powered by WPeMatico