Start date: ASAP
Duration: 12 months (Depending on project evolution, extension is possible)
Central Purchasing Organisation is an internal entity which provides all services related to procurement within a predefined approach (procurement lifecycle).
The mission of CPO is “to ensure that our client acquires and uses the right Goods and Services in all Spend Categories at true market conditions”
The scope of those activities is to manage all strategic, tactic aspects that represent more than 180.000.000,00€ spends each year.
In this context we are looking to expand our team with a buyer who have an experience in ICT .
Objective of the job
As buyer, your work directly under lead of the CPO and you are responsible for following tasks:
- Purchase plan : the buyer is responsible for preparing, together with the Metiers a yearly Purchase plan, based on the budget forecast and associated projects (list made by the metier) and the analysis of contract due dates.
- The buyer is responsible for the management of the spend projects:
- Taking the lead of each spend project during the buying phase (market scan, supplier selection, negotiation, contracting)
- Spend project definition: Define the scope, gather the relevant data and information and get approval from the business managers.
- The buyer will manage the Strategy preparation and presentation (approach, team, timing), RFx preparation, RFx evaluation, negotiation and the contract implementation (creation, approval, signature).
- Acting as an interface in the defined scope on all issues between internal customers and suppliers during each buying phase.
- In this process where quality is and will always remain the main aspect, the Buyer is personally responsible to optimize the contractual and financial conditions (“target = at true market conditions”) of each purchase.
- Managing with existing tools, assuring that the information is up-to-date in order to guarantee the quality of the process end to end and in order to document the key points of any procurement process (audit trail).
- In collaboration with the team and business partners, evaluating existing procedures and proposing improvements.
- Building good and productive working relationships with the team, key divisional personnel and internal clients.
- Giving advice to internal clients and proposing solutions in case of difficult situations.
- Supplier Relationship management: the buyer assumes the primary responsibility for maintaining ongoing relationships with suppliers and controls their interaction with other functions.
- Management of the administrative activities linked to the process
- Regular reporting of activities to the manager of the department.
- The buyer assures compliance to the CPO methodology and the ethical code.
- Assume all administrative tasks shared between all CPO team members.
- Languages: English, Dutch, French
- Ability to work self-sufficient according general guidelines.
- Respects strong ethical and deontological principles.
- General knowledge of the ICT sector.
- Eye for details and pragmatic.
- Ability to analyse large quantities of information in a short period of time.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Open minded and positive personality.
- Discretion, diplomacy, flexibility.
- Able to take on an advisory role towards internal clients.
- Good presentation.
- Experience as buyer in ICT or Professional Services or ICT Functions with several experiences of relations with suppliers.
- Very good knowledge of Suppliers and Domains for ICT.
- Experience in discussions and negotiation with suppliers.
- Experience In financial sector, Insurance or Bank is a plus.
- Very good knowledge of MS Office tools, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- MS Access is a plus
- Buyer, commercial or ICT function with commercial contacts with suppliers.
- Sourcing management
Powered by WPeMatico