Actual End Date: 15/08/2017 Extension is possible
Description and responsibilities
Pharma R&D IT, Data Services and Business Intelligence team.
Environment Development Tool(s) and Platform(s)
- ERwin Data Modeling
- Windows OS + MS Office
- ETL tool : Informatica PowerCenter 9.1
Primary Tasks and responsibilities
Working together with other business analyst translating user stores gathered from the business into technical stories/requirements
Working with functional modelers defining impact on data warehouses and data marts
Defining acceptance criteria for the technical stories so they can be tested
More generic tasks :
- Analyzes business processes and helps define and document business requirements
- Identifies compliance risks and communicates to appropriate level of management.
- Applies procedures and processes effectively in compliance with IT standards.
- Tests and troubleshoots new software or enhancements to existing software to ensure solutions are delivered with quality, on-time, and in accordance with business requirements.
- Troubleshoots and facilitates the resolution of issues with existing platforms and takes pro-active actions to avoid issues to occur.
- Participates in technical design, contributing insights and ideas that help translate business needs into solution specifications.
- Recommends solutions to management that balance the competing needs for innovation and standardization/process harmonization, leveraging targeted research.
- Builds productive relationships and networks with business partners by listening, clarifying, and responding effectively to questions and problems.
- Gains an understanding of business opportunities and challenges and identifies potential solutions that can add business value.
- Manages to milestones by identifying critical project issues such as resource needs and contingencies.
- Optimizes existing technology by identifying new ways to provide value to the business partner group.
- Strong communication skills in English, both verbal and in writing
- Analysis, design of warehouse solutions (+5 years)
- Capable of performing to the bone analysis in a short time
- Capable of writing precise and complete documentation
- Experience in data warehousing, data marts & BI / Visualization
- Hadoop & related tools ecosystem (Sqoop, Pig, Impala, Hive, …)
- Informatica Power Center or any ETL Knowledge is a plus to have
- Knowledge of Teradata LS LDM
- Experience with agile way of working – scrum
- Experience with modeling tools & techniques (ERWIN)
- Accepts personal responsibility for client satisfaction;
- Strong tracking, coordination and project planning skills;
- Establishes and manages engagement objectives, expectations and quality plan;
- Ability to identify and implement process and/or application improvements;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Must be able to work on multiple simultaneous tasks with limited supervision;
- Quick learner, motivated self-starter;
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal, communication and team collaboration skills;
- Able to follow change management procedures and internal guidelines;
- Master and/or Bachelor Degree in Mathematics, Engineering, Computer Science, Chemistry or Bioinformatics OR equivalent through experience. Advanced course work in technical systems plus continued education in technical disciplines is preferred;
- Additional certification is a plus
- Language proficiencies – English spoken and written – Dutch is a plus
- Some flexibility in working hours is required
- Must be able to work on multiple simultaneous tasks with limited supervision
- Quick learner, motivated self-starter
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal, communication and team collaboration skills
- Able to follow change management for internal guidelines.
- Language proficiencies: English and Dutch spoken and written;
Powered by WPeMatico